January 4, 2014

Exciting News + A Sneak Peek

I'm excited to announce that Operation Children's Book is full swing! The January Photo Prompt Challenge has been a huge motivator, and I'm already looking forward to writing the next days prompt (sometimes before I've even published the current one)! My family is being super supportive (thanks y'all!), especially my husband, who introduced me to the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. Their annual conference is set for Fall 2014, and while I'm not officially a member yet we're already planning the weekend trip to attend!

The Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, is one of the largest existing organizations for writers and illustrators. It is the only professional organization specifically for those individuals writing and illustrating for children and young adults in the fields of children’s literature, magazines, film, television, and multimedia. Our mission is to support the creation and availability of quality children’s books around the world. We accomplish this by fostering a vibrant community of individuals who bring books for young readers to the public including writers, illustrators, editors, publishers, agents, librarians, educators, booksellers, bloggers, enthusiasts and others. We provide education and support for these individuals through our awards, grants, programs and events. We strive to increase the quality and quantity of children’s books in the marketplace, and act as a consolidated voice for professional writers and illustrators worldwide.Membership in the SCBWI is open to anyone with an active interest in children’s literature from picture books to young adult novels. We welcome aspiring and published writers and illustrators, librarians, educators, artists, students, dramatists, musicians, filmmakers, and others. A passion for children’s literature is our #1 criterion.
To make things even more exciting, I've stumbled upon a few local classes and workshops, too! There are so many interesting events held by the Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning that I can barely wait for this Spring's session! What's even more amazing is how everything is being set into motion. Because things are falling into place effortlessly, I know that God is the one piecing together my puzzle. He has put this desire in my heart to write for children, and as long as I do it for His glory, well, you'll be sharing my stories with your kiddos someday! I may even sign a copy for ya! ;)

I'm having so much fun writing my January Challenge - and it hasn't even been a week! After writing my first piece I decided to have them all intertwine with one another. So, if you're reading along you'll be tagging along with Lotte on her amazing adventures through a beautiful world with a dark secret. I've already received a few encouraging comments about them. My mother texted one night that she couldn't wait to read what happened to Lotte next! This is why I write: because I want to take children (my loved ones, too) on a journey to a faraway place where their dreams can come true and nothing is considered to wild to imagine. Since this month's challenge is mostly about fantasy and fiction, I'll give you a sneak peek of February's challenge theme! Since it is, after all, the month of love, I am creating a list of "This is Me" prompts! Not because I'm in love with myself, but because I want to write on a more personal level, and to do that I have to write what I love!

I'm living out a new part of my fairytale. The creative juices are flowing and my imagination is as alive and active as ever. Thanks for sharing in on my excitement today! I'll be writing you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment